||Casual dating, Romance, Long-term relationship, Activity Partner
||Average, Height / Weight proportionate
Woman for Dating
||Maybe, maybe not...
|I get around town via: Car, Bicycle, Walk, Taxi
|My dietary preferences are: Conscious Omnivore
|I spend my free time: Reading, Working out, Watching movies, Hanging out, Dining out, Live music, Communing with nature
The Seldom Seen Kid
I always try to keep things simple (life has a way of making things complicated anyway), so I thought I’d take the same approach to my online dating strategy. Here’s a little about me:
• I’ve lived in Chicago for over 20 years. While the winters can sometimes stink, there’s nowhere I ‘d rather call home. Having family and lifelong friends nearby makes it that much better.
• I’m tend to be organized and a planner, but always open to a little chaos and spontaneity.
• I’m not perfect, but I’m a good person…considerate, respectful, and aware of my impact on others.
• Per the above, I’m close to my family. I’m my own person, but can’t imagine a life without them.
• I’m politically liberal, especially on the social side of things. If you’re not breaking the law or forcing your beliefs on others, have at it.
• I work in the financial services industry. Not the sexiest of industries, but the work is challenging and fulfilling. And it supports my personal pursuits and interests
• My first passion is music. I spend quite a bit of my free time listening to and seeing it. Favorite bands include Elbow, Doves, Sigur Ros, and Josh Rouse. I recently started a vinyl collection to explore older stuff. I’ve also pulled the drums out again for the winter. I’m terrible, but maybe this time I’ll get over the hump and begin my 2nd career as an indie rock star
• My second passion is the outdoors. While I don’t “rough it” often (I do the occasional weekend backpacking trip), I do enjoy hiking, biking, and anything else that keeps me under the sun. Colorado is my favorite destination.
• I was a golf pro for a couple years out of college. I quit playing for a long stretch, but now back at it again. And in case you’re interested, I’m a fantastic teacher. And cheap. But no big deal if it’s not your thing
• At the risk of stating the obvious, I believe that dating should include a healthy dose of dates. Nights out to take in restaurants, theater, and live music. Attending or hosting get-togethers with friends. Wandering the various Chicago neighborhoods on a weekend. And the occasional night in listening to records while making out on the couch.
• Other random interests/favorite things include British comedy (The Office, Python, Coupling), zombie flicks (I’m old school…prefer the slower walkers vs. the sprinters), peanut butter, and Buckminster Fuller (my nerdy pleasure reading).
My favorite physical activity is: hiking & biking
One thing I love that everyone else hates is: lite rock from the 70's
One thing I hate that everyone else loves is: laying around on a beach (at least for an extended period of time).
If I could have a dinner party and invite any four people, dead or alive, the guest list would be: Josh Rouse to provide pre/post-dinner toons, Bill Maher to give the opening toast, Phil Hartman to roast the guests, and the Swedish Chef to make the grub...
My favorite Chicago haunts are: Empty Bottle, The Long Room, Neo-Futurarium, MCA, Simon's Tavern, Swim Cafe, Old Town School, Reckless Records, Raw Bar, D'Agostino's delivery (actual haunt would therefore be my place), anywhere East Village/Wicker Park.
My radio dial is usually tuned to: KCRW or NPR
The first thing I look at in the Reader is: Going On Today...then the music section
My theme song is Monkey Suit/Pernice Brothers
If you have a pet, it better not be using more than four legs...
The person I'd like to tell off most is the guy/gal who feels the need to pass on the right on a one lane street
Two things I can't live without are music and massive non-paved areas
I consider myself an open-minded person, but my deal breakers are closed-minded people and inconsiderate folks
Cats or Dogs
Deep dish or thin crust
Starbucks or Intelligentsia
Improv Olympic or Second City
Art Institute or MCA
Whole Foods or Jewel
Lakeview or Wicker Park
Steak or sushi
Netflix or Blockbuster
Empty Bottle or Metro
NBC Office or BBC Office
Reckless Records or Tower
Goodman or Stage Left